Thursday, December 07, 2006

50 Things About Me

Taken from Romina, b/c I liked it.

1. I laugh at almost anything, starting with myself.
2. I haven't read a book in awhile; I'm too busy writing to read!
3. I hate myself.
4. I'm a good cook.
5. I hate waiting in lines; drives me bonkers!
6. I have two old cats, Newt and Jinx, boy and girl, white and tiger-striped.
7. I probably work only half the time I'm on the job (shhhh).
8. I used to be both a day and a night person; now I'm just a morning person.
9. I used to dream of retiring at 35; now I'm 37. Sigh.
10. I have only drunk coffee twice in my life. Don't like the stuff, don't need it.
11. I can go to sleep instantly and wake up instantly.
12. But I almost never nap; napping leaves me groggy and confused.
13. I love the sound of flanger pedals on guitars. That whooshing is too cool.
14. I used to keep journals all the time; now I just write stories.
15. I'm 6' 2 and three-quarters inches, but I tell people I'm 6'3" because that's easier.
16. I have extra-wide feet, so I usually wear size 13 shoes.
17. I never get insomnia.
18. I always keep my word, if I give it.
19. I love wristwatches; but I'm very hard on them, tend to break them.
20. Fall is my favorite season by far; Fall is magical to me.
21. I love sleeping on my stomach.
22. I have asthma; I think Chicago's made it worse.
23. I worry that I'm going to get cancer or Alzheimer's.
24. I've been more forgetful lately.
25. I give a lot to charity, but I keep it quiet.
26. I think I'm the best dad around; my boys love me.
27. I try to be a good dad, because my dads sucked.
28. I'm really bad at math; beyond the basics of arithmetic, I'm rotten.
29. And yet, I'm really good at remembering phone numbers.
30. And I'm bad at remembering names if I've just met someone.
31. I'm really, really good at nicknaming people.
32. But I often nickname people I don't like.
33. I wish I owned five electric guitars.
34. I also wish I could play the one I own better than I do.
35. I can make people laugh very readily.
36. But so much makes me sad; I cry easily, although I try to hide it.
37. I think I'm psychic; but not in a very useful way. I can predict things, but it's totally accidental.
38. I love people.
39. But people disappoint me a lot, too.
40. I look like the All-American Man, but I'm a total leftist.
41. I love music.
42. I almost never get lost; I have a really good sense of direction, and can read maps.
43. I think humanity will be extinct before too long, but I enjoy living, anyway.
44. Sometimes, when I walk the city, I imagine it as ruins, what it'll look like.
45. I used to collect rocks, like when I was a little boy.
46. I'm smarter than people think I am; or smarter than I think people think I am.
47. I get lonely all the time.
48. I wasted my 20s; I should've done more than I did.
49. I've never done drugs, never even smoked a cigarette.
50. I want the good things, but can't quite seem to get them.

3 comments:

Admin said...

my new blog:
http://vespersescape.wordpress.com/

vesper

boho girl said...

ohhhh...i really enjoyed reading these bits about you because you are such a cool person, really.

k...i want a nickname from you.

; )

Daibh said...

Didn't I already call you Bee Gee, BG?