Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Time off for bad behavior?

I'm seriously thinking of taking time away from blogging, perhaps permanently. I haven't entirely decided, yet. You'll know if this blog disappears. I've enjoyed talking with all of you, sharing glimpses of your worlds -- you're all wonderful people. If you ever want to talk, just drop me a line, and I'll write back. I'm good that way.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the summer, keep on writing, send long and short stories out, do the delusional dance of long-suffering hopes and dreams. I might still post poems if they come to me, if they're not crap. Oh, the ones I sent out got rejected, as I knew they would, but one has to try, anyway. To live is to strive and to want to try, though it's tough to be an utterly unconnected writer in 21st century America. If I'm able to get published to my satisfaction, you'll know, though, because I'll tell you!

I love you all in different ways, like facets in a gem, all splendid and sparkly.

Sike

Music: Soul Asylum, "Never Really Been"

5 comments:

Admin said...

:(

Amy said...

"I love you all in different ways, like facets in a gem, all splendid and sparkly." So beautiful. I understand the need to disappear, but I hope that you'll leave your words behind, at least. You'll be missed - and I hope you'll check in with me often!

-love-

::Bek Geach:: said...

Dont go.
Or not for long.
You would be missed.
Bx

Amy said...

so...you're really leaving? i miss you!

Daibh said...

Not really gone-gone; just gone for a bit, I guess!