Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Memelicious

A meme by way of Vesper, the Queen of Memes...


How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or poached.

How do you take your coffee/tea? I drink neither coffee nor tea.

Favorite breakfast foods? Cold pizza or fried chicken.

Peanut butter? Smooth. I also really like Nutella.

What kind of dressing on your salad? Vinegar and oil.

Coke or Pepsi? I don't drink soda so much, but if I had to choose, Pepsi.

You're feeling lazy. What do you make? Toast with butter.

You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Mushroom.

You feel like cooking. What do you make? Potato gnocchi with one of my homemade marinara sauces.

Do any foods bring back good memories? Most definitely; I have a fond memory of Carnation Instant Breakfast Squares (they don't make'em anymore -- at least not the ones I remembered from childhood in the 70s -- they were like little chocolate cakes with their own special taste). They remind me of safety and niceness -- I still remember their taste and smell.

Do any foods bring back bad memories? Bean soup. My mom would make it from scratch, but I never liked her recipe for it, and we'd eat it all the time, and I hated it. I like most bean soups, but anything that makes me think of that, ick. Scalloped potatoes trigger that kind of vibe, too.

Do any foods remind you of someone? Grilled cheese makes me think of my stepdad; he made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

Is there a food you refuse to eat? Anything that is frothy or jiggly -- like jello, whipped cream, souffle, aspic, etc. I like to chew my food.

What was your favorite food as a child? Chicken with rice cooked with cream of mushroom soup. Tuna casserole.

Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love? Tomatoes.

Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate? I can't think of any.

Favorite fruit & vegetable: fruit -- peaches. vegetable -- Brussels sprouts.

Favorite junk food: Cake.

Favorite between meal snack: Anything I can find that's tasty.

Do you have any weird food habits? Only the consistency issue I mentioned above, but I don't think it's weird.

You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Air-popped popcorn.

You're off your diet. Now what would you like? An ostrich cheeseburger. Ostrich tastes really good. It's the other red meat.

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Lightly; I used to really love hot stuff, but have mellowed with age.

Can I get you a drink? Gin and tonic, thanks.

May I get you a drink? You're still here?? Gin and tonic, motherfucker.

Red wine or white? Better red than dead.

We only have beer: That's good. Get me a decent lager or a brown ale.

Favorite dessert? Mint chocolate chip ice cream.

The perfect nightcap? A mint julep.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I sneak teaspoonfuls of Nutella. Don't tell. I also love Carnation chocolate milk - Sike, that taste was special! I feel the same way about CoCo Wheats. And I'm coming over to sample that marinara!

So happy that you're back!

-kiss kiss-

Admin said...

awesome job! i also love nutella, which reminds me....i should buy some....

Daibh said...

Amy -- Yeah, CoCoWheats, oh man -- I love that. Also, in college, I used to eat Cream of Wheat with peanut butter mixed in it. Good stuff.

I also do the spoonfuls of Nutella, but usually a tablespoon. Great stuff. I'm going to see if Costco has big tubs of it. They should.

And I'm always happy to cook for folks!

Vesper: Yeah, get that Nutella, STAT! :)