Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yawn

Music: Iggy Pop, "Candy"

Morning, bloggins! Hope you're all doing well. I watched part one of the Andy Warhold documentary last night on WTTW. It was interesting, although I had two complaints: 1) the ongoing minor-key piano that accompanied most of it, lending this oddly tragic air to the whole enterprise; and 2) the monotone, staccato delivery of the female narrator -- "Everything. She said. Had this. Urgent air. About it."

But otherwise, I really enjoyed it. I love anything about artists, their real lives, how it intersected with their art, how they go from obscurity to fame and immortality. Interesting stuff.

Man, I wish I had a studio. If I ever made good money, I'd definitely have a floor in a building that was pure studio, where I could do sculpture and paint. Our little apartment's too small for anything too fun.

No comments: