Wednesday, November 15, 2006

And chuggin'

35,217 words.

Winding down for today. I'm sleepy, but am eating a slice of chocolate cake I baked earlier, and, uh, lightly frosted with Nutella. I know that's the dessert equivalent of having a ham sandwich using slices of meatloaf for "bread" -- but it's too good, I can't pass it up!

A story K might appreciate: Hollywood stole my car!

They were filming a segment of "ER" in my neighborhood, and my car was apparently in one of the tow zones -- I went out and saw a trailer where my car was. I was like "Dude, where's my car?" and walked over to where it was, asked a security guy. He told me that it had been towed, was in front of the City Pound with all the other cars that had been moved for the filming. I said "Hey, which star's trailer is that?" but he wouldn't tell me, only said that they were filming for "ER" there, and it was one of the stars. Probably John Stamos, knowing my luck.

Anyway, I caught a cab and had the driver take me to the Pound. The city fees are pretty steep for that kind of thing -- $75 ticket, $150 for the tow + $10/night impound fee. As the cabbie rolled up, I saw my car, and told him to stop. He said "Hey, no ticket! You can just take it, then!" so I paid him and got out, got in my car, and drove it off the lot, then carefully parked it back in my neighborhood. This was about a half-hour after I'd first realized my car was gone.

I checked in the City Pound database, and it looks all clear -- my car wasn't registered among the impounds, so I guess they had a grace period or something on the Hollywood relocation cars, or whatever. I'd been bracing for getting shaken down, but all ended up well.

They're always shooting movies around town. I sure hope I don't have to experience that particular joy again, although it was a fun adventure.

No comments: