Thursday, July 06, 2006

Actorly

I'm in a giddy mood today. Not sure why. Just have the giggles. Stuff keeps making me laugh. That's good, though -- way better than the blues.

I need to find a good place (e.g., good training, but affordable) for acting in Chicago -- there are tons of places, but it's hard to know who's any good. I've been looking around, and everything seems so expensive. Guh. Screen is what I'd want, ultimately, even though I'm probably better-suited for theater. At 36, it's kind of daunting. I wish I'd done it when I was 26, and first thinking about it. Then again, I look more my age now than I did, then, which works out better.

2 comments:

Admin said...

don't ever fucking think about age. no no no. don't let shit like that limit you. film/tv acting is fun, it's more subtle. but theatre scene study is always good too. find out what acting theories they use. most of my training has been method acting or off-shoots of method acting. in method acting you actually become the character in every way possible. it's more draining, but makes for a more real performance.

Daibh said...

I'm definitely more method, more inside-out than outside-in with regard to performance, except for wanting to be called the character's name outside of the performance!