Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Musical Meme

Another meme, this one taken from Dixie Peach... (slightly revised)

The idea behind the meme is that it's about music, and that you can put up to three answers to any question. But no more. One answer is OK, two answers is OK, three answers is OK. Four is not OK, and five is right out. Unless otherwise indicated, you can only choose songs, and be specific--putting "anything by Madonna" doesn't count.

NAME UP TO THREE:

Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
Don't Worry, Be Happy - what's-his-name...uhh. Bobby McPherrin?
Baby I'm'a Want You - Bread

Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
America
KISS
Journey

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
Gimme Shelter
Paint It Black

Beatles Song(s) I Love
Day Tripper (I think that's their best song that works as a stand-alone song, versus a Beatles song, which automatically acts as ear candy)
Get Back
Strawberry Fields

Who Song(s) I Love
The Kids are Alright
Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
So Sad About Us

Reggae Song(s) I Love
I & I Survive - the Bad Brains

Country Song(s) I Love
One Piece at a Time - Johnny Cash
Heart of Gold - Neil Young (feels country to me)

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
A Clockwork Orange

Musical Sountrack(s) I Love
Cabaret
Tommy
Lord of the Rings

Cover Song(s) I Love
If I Were a Carpenter - the Small Faces
Down on the Street/TV Eye - Swervedriver
Orange Crush - the Editors

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
Not a big fan of Top-40
OutKast (kinda)

Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
With or Without You - U2
Ghost World - Aimee Mann
She's Not Dead - Suede

Song(s) That Make Me (Shake My Ass/Watch Your Ass Shake)
Hey Ya! - OutKast
Mr. Pharmacist - the Other Half

Classical Composer(s) I Love
Mozart
Wagner
Schubert

Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love
Roses - OutKast
Fear of a Black Planet - Public Enemy
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
More More More - Andrea True

70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
Live Wire - AC/DC

80s Song(s) I Love
Pretty in Pink - the Psychedelic Furs
Sludgefeast - Dinosaur Jr
Eroded Freedom - Legion of Parasites

90s Song(s) I Love
Parklife - Blur
Supersonic - Oasis
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

00s Song(s) I Love
Every Day I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Chiefs
White Unicorn - Wolfmother
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys

Metal Song(s) I Love
Hole in the Sky - Black Sabbath
The Hunter - Dokken
Remember Tomorrow - Iron Maiden

New Wave Song(s) I Love
Cars - Gary Numan
You're All I've Got Tonight - The Cars
Hanging on the Telephone - The Nerves (they did it first; Blondie covered them)

Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love
Get the Money - Gary Farr & the T Bones
I'll Keep On Holding On - the Action (try them; you'll like them)

Power Ballad(s) I Love

Prodigal Son - Iron Maiden (I think they're getting ballady on it)
Heaven Sent - Dokken

[I deleted the pre-1950s question, since there's really nothing I can think of]

Punk Song(s) I Love

Way, way too many to limit to three. But, if I absolutely had to...

Match/Mismatch - the Suicide Commandos
Marquee Moon - Television
30 Seconds Over Tokyo - Rocket from the Tombs

Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
Choice in the Matter - Aimee Mann
Stupidity Tries - Elliott Smith
Heavy - Alison Breitman

MTV Video(s) I Love
I love videos. All-time faves? Jeeesh...

Sabotage - the Beastie Boys
Bela Lugosi is Dead - Bauhaus
Photograph - Def Leppard

Song(s) To Have Sex To
Ocean Size - Jane's Addiction
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
Blue Cream Sky - Experimental Aircraft

None Of The Above Song(s) I Love
Hell Hound - Sir Lord Baltimore
Freejazz - the Envelopes
Sugarless - Autolux

No comments: