Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Transfixation

I'm kind of addicted to Project Runway. I'm a sucker for those neo-reality shows. I watched the reruns of Season 2 and became transfixed by it! I was transfixed by Kara Janx -- even though she totally blew it on the show, South African accents are very odd to my ear.

Janx's decoy collection

That is, her stuff that she would've featured had she been in the final three; as it was, they filmed her collection as a fake-out for people trying to divine who made the final three. Her stuff was better than the actual final three.

I'm transfixed by design -- it's totally alien to me. I can appreciate good design when I see it, but I don't know how people do it. It's like magic to me. My strengths are words and performance, primarily. Design is like another language, but I find it interesting to watch.

Speaking of design, I'm also transfixed by the Mazda RX8 and the Jaguar XK3.

I'm transfixed by the massive fog that's progressively enveloping the city. First it ate downtown; then the lake; then the shore; and now it's outside my window. These summer fogs are odd.

3 comments:

Daibh said...

Music is also magic to me; and I can play guitar, and played violin for four years, long ago -- but composition is supernatural to me. Way, way beyond my ability, and I'm a music lover.

Admin said...

oh do i ever have a thing for mazdas. i want my next car to be a mazda.

Daibh said...

Yeah, they're cool! The rotary engines are a bit of a maintenance pain, but they're cool cars, anyway. The RX8 looks like a fun car to me!