Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Stupidity Tries

Back at work again; our e-mail server looks to be on the blink, unfortunately. The last pre-e-mail (funny phrasing, there) workplace I was at was in 1993. I don't know how I worked without it. Ah, it's back online. Whew. Close one, there.

So, I mailed out three stories, all sure to be rejected, but one has to try, anyway. I've sent out 21 stories in the past year, and had one get accepted, so that's not a bad return rate for an unknown, I suppose. Hopefully I'll get a few more under my belt this year, but we'll see. The larger goal remains getting agented for the longer fiction, so I'm slinging out chapters from the books I've worked on over the years this week, hoping something connects. If it does, I'll do a little happy dance.

1 comment:

Daibh said...

Sure, although out of context, probably not terribly meaningful! I'll give you one from each of them, but whether paragraph or quote, I haven't decided, yet.