Sunday, June 04, 2006

Careless

Just words.

Careless

Without a care
or without caring?
There's a careful difference
in between those words,
and that's right where you'll find me.

If I said I didn't care,
we'd know that I was lying.

If I said I wouldn't care,
you'd know I was lying, too.

If I said I was without a care,
I'd be lying to myself,
and no one else.

And are those selfish lies
the most hurtful ones of all?

It hardly matters,
there's no point in
caring, is there?

Caring rhymes with sharing
and that's something
I won't do,
even
though
yes, I know:
I have to.


You have the world
ahead of you,
and my world is
smaller by comparision:
four walls, six windows,
one door -- no, four --
but only one leading out.

2 comments:

boho girl said...

*gasp*

speechless.

amazing, my friend...simply amazing.

love to you,
boho (Bee Gee)

Daibh said...

Thanks, Bee Gee! Glad you liked it. For some reason, when I'm melancholy, the poetry thing comes together!