Friday, June 30, 2006

Here and there again

I just ate a slice of blueberry cake. It was quite tasty. I'm listening to Bobby Darin on my iTunes. Today, I wear beige slacks and an off-white button-down shirt, long-sleeved (sleeves rolled up). The very picture of workplace respectability, quietly grooving.

To my left, a stack of manuscripts. Six wait in my inbox. To my right, three more, unclaimed, untouched. They'll just have to wait. Maybe today's not their day. Then again, this is a holiday weekend, since I took Monday off, making it a tidy four-day weekend. Muahaha! So maybe I'll be more industrious than I otherwise would be on a Friday. I used a red pen for the month of June. For July, my choices are:

  1. Green
  2. Blue
  3. Purple
Yeah, I don't use pencils. Just inkpens. When I make a change, there's no going back. I'm thinking July should be blue, but we'll see what I ultimately do. I never know what I'm going to do until I do it.

Tomorrow, I get a haircut -- I know I was going to grow it out longer (for anybody who remembered that post, long ago, or bothered to read it). But I think it's important to get a good cut before growing hair at all longer, or else it'll look like ass, right?

Hope the Americans reading this find their July 4ths to be liberating.

Vesper and Maddy: you both have a great Canada Day, whatever that entails! What do you eat? How do you celebrate such a day? I like to know these things.

And anybody else, well, you all have good weekends, too.

I plan to get a lot of writing done, and to avoid getting ticketed for having a soon-to-be out-of-date parking sticker. I sent the requisite money and forms in to City Hall, but you know bureaucratic inertia. If I get ticketed, I'll be pissed.

Now I'm not quite so happy as I was. Now I'm lonely and sad. Hmph. I probably could use a nap -- felt like I didn't get enough sleep last night.

2 comments:

Daibh said...

First: I ate three slices! Haha!

Second: I like that. I'll go for green. Here's to hope!

Third: I gotta go; I'm too shaggy right now.

Admin said...

i don't really celebrate canada day at all. i worked on canada day. some people wore red and white, some people had painted red leaves on their arms.....but not me....and people here don't go crazy like they do in your country. ;) well, people do celebrate, and wish each other a happy canada day, but it's generally subdued celebration.