Saturday, June 03, 2006

Words


The lake looks indigo today. Really pretty, not too wavy -- mild weather, too. Sunny, pleasant, not scalding hot.

Have to be good tonight, work on fiction. Many plates in the air, all spinning. My maternal grandfather (who died long ago, like the late 80s) was really dextrous -- he could juggle plates and do that kind of thing. I can juggle, but not as handily as he could. Above is a sketch of him from WWII, drawn by a friend of his at the time. He was actually pretty rascally; I've joked that WWII was the best thing to happen to him, from what I've heard. I hope I get his hair -- his turned all white when he got old.

What are words for, when no one listens anymore? (had to quote Missing Persons, for the heckuvit)

I'm in a pretty good mood today, overall, compared to the blues I had earlier this week. Generally when I can get enough writing done, I feel good; if I get stymied, I get depressed. Very Aries, right? Must. Conquer. World!


Give Me Women, Wine, And Snuff

Give me women, wine, and snuff
Untill I cry out "hold, enough!"
You may do so sans objection
Till the day of resurrection:
For, bless my beard, they aye shall be
My beloved Trinity.


John Keats

I'll pass on the snuff, thanks.

No comments: