Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Conditioned

Quiet morning. Cool air; a lot of people just leave their a/c on constantly -- I can hear the humming of their window units, but I always turn mine off if it's cool outside.

I'm not awake enough to properly post right now, I think. Heh.

Heard on the news that there are something like ~125,000 gang members in Chicago. Chicago disbanded its police gang investigation unit years ago, because it was rife with corruption. As a result, there's been a lot more gang stuff here, I guess. The northern suburbs are particularly getting hit by it, which means there'll probably something done about it, because those are rich sub- and exurbs up there.

Evanston alone has something like 600 gangsters up there. They're going there because there's the usual demand for drugs among rich kids, and outside of the city proper, it's easier for the gangs to operate and overwhelm suburban police forces. The only time I've ever heard actual gunfire (aside from New Year's celebrations when people would fire pistols in the air -- yikes, but yeah, it happens) was when I lived in Evanston. So, if the gang situation has gotten worse up there, whoa.

No comments: