Thursday, June 29, 2006

Free Association, Take 2

(Coda: Impressed by Vesper's more thorough response to this, I thought I'd revisit it a little, move past the one- or two-word comments I originally made, bolded.)

Stolen from JVS's Imitation of Life, some free association, first words that appear in my brain...

1. Newspaper :: Taxis. Beatles' LSD song, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" -- always liked the weirdness of "Newspaper taxis appear on the shore."

2. Sausage :: Casing. Best not to dwell about the making of sausage, right? What Bismarck said, comparing it to politics. I almost never have it, although I get a craving for Brats usually once a year, quite out of the blue.

3. Handy :: Dandy. I'm not a dandy, although I like to pay attention to what I wear, keep to a relative baseline of sartorial excellence -- of course saying "sartorial excellence" probably makes me suspect, yes? Haha! I do like Mod looks -- the skinny ties and cool suits and all of that. Sharp stuff, though I'm too big a guy to be a proper Mod, even if part of my heart beats Moddish. I have a coworker who's a total Mod and she's always saying we should get scooters and form a Mod gang. I'd love to have a Union Jacket. That would rock. I have a fondness for paisley, too -- just one crazy-ass pattern, that is.

4. Cloak :: and Dagger. The only thing I think about with that is the Marvel comic book characters. Never collected that series, thought Dagger had a cool costume, but she was awfully skinny. The whole black-and-white thing was sort of revolutionary at the time, kinda.

5. Drunk :: Skunk. Haven't been drunk in awhile. Really don't go there much, anymore, compared to my younger self.

6. Fuel :: Oil. Nothing, there. Rising gas prices, a big pain, an urban annoyance. Price-gouging. Bleah.

7. Caress :: Finesse. I'm a touchy-feely fellow. Hands-on, for sure. When I like (or love) a woman, I'm all about caresses, I can't help but touch her -- playful squeezes, hugs, pats on the arm, etc.

8. Itch :: Bitch. I don't bitch about things so much, prefer to just deal with them. If I've got an itch, I scratch it. If you're going to do something, just do it -- nothing I hate worse than when people complain about stuff that bothers them without doing something about them.

9. Vehicle :: Kite. First thing I thought of. I like kites. They're fun and frolicky.



That's that. No real revelations, there, are there? Hmph. Guys aren't very complicated, I think. Or at least I'm not.

2 comments:

Admin said...

nice to have the fuller explanations. ;)

Daibh said...

Yeah, now you have keener insight into my psyche! ;)