Monday, June 12, 2006

Muse Monday

For her, of course, my Muse! Something light and summery, with a twist of frolic, served neat...

Lady Green

Lady Green, Lady Green
looks so sharp in velveteen
captures me with coquette's grin
which says
"My dear, yes, please come in."

Holds me fast in vixen's vice
serves me drinks, all without ice
and says
"Ice would melt, dear, anyway,
on this sultry Summer day."

I smile, she laughs, we share a kiss
transforming me from woe to bliss
I say
"Love, you break my heart in two,
when I cannot be with you."

And Lady Green, a lady, yes
puts her hands upon her dress
she says
"Darling, let us play awhile
I love the way you make me smile."

My heart explodes inside my chest
such earnest love we have confessed
we say
"It's not if, why, and, or whether:
Just 'I will love you, dear, forever.'"

3 comments:

Daibh said...

Heh -- that's as good a description of me as any!

boho girl said...

totally smitten and frolicky.

what a fun, lovely, lyrical poem.

xoxo,
boho

Daibh said...

Thanks, BG! Yeah, I'm smitten, for sure!