Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Beantown

Thanks to bohemian girl for the timely meme (*cracking knuckles*) ...

Here are 10 beans that I am spilling...

1. I actually like going grocery shopping.

2. I know how to shoot a bow and arrow, but am not a hunter; I'm a good shot, too.

3. I started swearing when I was 9 years old, and really haven't stopped since then.

4. Sometimes I laugh at inappropriate things, like when somebody says "He drank himself to death" -- that phrase just makes me laugh; same with "I threw my back out." That's just a silly way of putting it. One time, I was in a car wreck with a friend, and when he turned and looked at me, his expression made me bust out laughing, which pissed him off ("Shut up! My mom's gonna kill me!!") But that expression was priceless.

5. I think I'm fairly psychic -- but unpredictably so; I've predicted a lot of useless things over the years, so no luck so far at winning the lotto.

6. I cry at movies -- Shane alone will bring me to fits of sobbing. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen it. Several other movies have that effect on me, but I can't recall them at the moment. Weddings also make me tear up, as clichéd as that sounds.

7. I'm phobic about flying; wasn't always, but got that way after 1998, and I haven't flown since then.

8. I wish I had a full-blood sibling, younger or older -- just somebody to compare notes with, be related to. That would be cool.

9. I stopped believing in God when I was 10, and even challenged the Devil to appear (figuring that he'd be more likely to show up than God, since he's all about tempting mortals and all of that jazz). But, he didn't show up, the bastard. Of course, people might say "How do you KNOW he didn't?" but he didn't. It was a boring, uneventful night. Not even any bad dreams.

10. I cook better than anybody I know, but am not as good at plating and presenting it. Not that anybody minds, because the food is good, but I kinda mind. I respect good presentation, but can't quite nail it.

2 comments:

boho girl said...

intruiging beanies!

i resonated with a lot of them. thanks so much for sharing part of your inner.

Amy said...

Wow. Really lovely of you to share so sweetly. Beautiful post, truly.