Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Shivers

It's cold and windy today, almost obscenely so, for this time of year. Got a window AC unit for the place (rented it for the "summer") because it's been so hot lately, and then suddenly the temperature crashes, and I can hear the wind howling around the unit, even as the radiators clang and shudder. Ironic, eh? Springtime in Chicago, my dears. Wait, is that rain I hear? Cold, windy, AND rainy? The trifecta!

Psychoboss took off from work midday again, as she usually does. Leading by example? I don't think so. Do as she says, not as she does.

I walked home after work, took some pictures, none of them extraordinary. Some days it's like that, nothing quite connects. Saw a lot of couples in bars for a Monday; probably just taking full advantage of the fleeting good weather.

A lot of Cubs fans were milling about, so there must've been a game yesterday. My favorite was this tawdry nearing middle-aged faded hottie, with voluptuous curves and straight dye-assisted brown hair and overtanned skin in distressed jeans and a very tight navy blue Cubs away t-shirt, her hips swinging too widely for the narrow sidwalk she walked, her thick Gucci shades masking her expression, her coral lipstick standing out against her tangerine skin. I was lucky that I saw her at a corner, where I had room to get out of the way of her hip swivel, or she'd have bumped me into oncoming traffic. She looked like an old Jersey Girl to me, or a recently converted Mets fan.

I dread work today; nothing specific, just going there at all. Some days I sleepwork there -- just sort of coasting along in a daze, and if you asked me what I'd just worked on, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you. The hardest part about finding a new job is pretending you care about the job you're trying to get, because I never do. "Where do you see yourself in five years?" Hahah -- "Hmm, I see myself as your supervisor. I'm firing you."

Someone should send me a meme. I'm a sucker for those. But it should be a good one.

3 comments:

boho girl said...

you want a meme?

you've got one.

here goes:
http://bohemiangirldesigns.blogspot.com/2006/04/beanies-to-spill.html

spill 10 of your beanies.

Amy said...

Yes, it was quite cold in Chicago today...

Daibh said...

Sure glad I didn't pack away my sweaters, yet. I never rule snow and/or cold out in Chicagoland until about June.