Friday, April 21, 2006

Whew

Had a bit of a compuscare this morning: the Blue Screen of Death. I backed up my fiction and photos, and hope that whatever bee got in my Dell's bonnet managed to fly off on its own. We'll see, I guess. Would really rather not have to buy a new computer right now.

I'm eating waffles at this moment. Eggo Homestyle, I think.

Jane's Addiction alumni plot debut album, tour

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:55pm ET7

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Rock quartet the Panic Channel, which features former Jane's Addiction members Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins and Chris Chaney, along with singer Steve Isaacs, will release its debut album, "(ONe)" on September 12 via Capitol Records, the label said.

A two-song digital release of "Why Cry" and "Tea House of the Spirits" will be available May 16. Another new song, "Go On," can be streamed from the band's Web site.

"It's definitely rock," Navarro previously told Billboard.com when asked to describe the band's sound. "The best description I can give you is, if Rush was an alternative band with a little sense of goth. It's like a goth Rush."

The Panic Channel will preview material from "(ONe)" on its first tour, which begins May 16 in San Diego and will run through June 7 in Los Angeles.

For some reason, "it's like a goth Rush" makes me laugh. Is that a selling point? Are they trying to reach Rush fans, or goths??

Poor Eric Avery. He was an original Jane's Addiction alum. Wonder what he's doing these days -- I used to imagine him in bars, drunkenly trying to pick up girls, saying "I was in Jane's Addiction" and none of the gals believed him, or else asked to meet Dave Navarro or Perry. Hey, there's a Wikipedia entry on him. Good old Wiki! Interesting that he turned down chances to return with Jane's; looks like he's a Hollywood brat.

No comments: