Monday, April 24, 2006

Well, Hell.

I've got just about the nosiest coworker. She'll peek at my monitor as she walks by and say "Hey, Bloggy Bloggington..." -- I've seen her blog, and it's sooooo boring (no, I'm not so mean as to share the address of it; besides, it would make you pass out with boredom).

But I don't see why people make boring blogs at all. Maybe they're just blogging for its own sake, without actually having anything to say, or maybe they're just not interesting people. I don't know. Or maybe I'm just really easily bored. That's possible, too.

Saw some guy on the bus this morning wearing an honest-to-god black beret. Unironically, as far as I could tell. He was a 30-something, and had a shirt the color of a Starburst fruit chew (orange-flavored chew, incidentally) over black jeans and combat boots. He looked to be working on a shooting script, although I'm not 100% sure. It was on lime green paper, and he was jotting things in the margin. He had a troglodytic face, like if Ron Perlman had gotten crossed with William H. Macy and then punched in the chops a few times so his lips swelled up a bit more.

That's a more martial beret than the guy actually had, but it was close, I guess. He wouldn't have passed any fitness tests, for sure, except for maybe competitive eating.

No comments: